LATHER, RINSE, REPEAT.

SHOWER TIME!? Who doesn't love the sound of a nice hot shower or bath to wash the day away? Personally I look forward to this time of...


SHOWER TIME!? Who doesn't love the sound of a nice hot shower or bath to wash the day away? Personally I look forward to this time of day as its the only 'me' time I get at the moment whilst juggling uni, work, the gym and seeing my boyfriend, family and friends! Along with trying my very hardest to control my diabetes at the same time! It all gets a bit much at times and I just love to wind down by taking a long bath or shower followed by moisturising my body, cleansing my face and of course sorting out this frizz bomb I call hair... So, I've put together my faaaaave products to use to make me feel like a queen again after a tough day!

Body
My body is a sensitive little thing! Can't really use anything to disrupt the pH balance in my skin! Due to my diabetes sometimes being a little more out of control than I would like (I can't say no to anything!!!!) I am more prone to infections (probably something I shouldn't talk about on my blog but hey ho some things have to be explained, especially when I haven't got all these fruity, amazing shower gels from Lush or Soap & Glory on here to rave about!) but anyway, I usually use Sanex Zero as my body wash as its soap free and is the best for my skin however, I have just started using the Nivea shower creme called 'Sensitive' with natural chamomile exact. This soap free formula is perfect as its more of a glossy cream texture than a shower gel and leaves my skin feeling amaaaazing when I get out the shower! I apply this with my trusty bright pink 'Shower Puff' I just can't understand why people just use their hands to wash with as these shower puffs really help shower gels to lather up so you only need a small amount! Both bought from Boots; Nivea Shower Creme on offer for £1.83 & Shower Puff £1.98

The Old Pins
I made the mistake a few weeks ago when I bought disposable razors to shave my legs...I've known since I was younger this isn't the best option for me as I never get a clean, smooth finish with them, used one a couple of weeks before christmas and came out of the shower with numerous shaving spots just before a night out! Greaaaaaaaaat! So unfortunately for my boyfriend or anyone else who has had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing or feeling my legs since has had to feel a forest growing as Ive had to leave my legs to heal before shaving them again! So when I got paid I went and treated myself to a new Gillette Venus razor. I got the 'Olay' edition which has 2 two Olay moisture bars on the top and bottom of the 5 blade razor. This was £11.53 from Boots. Great investment as they last for ages and really do leave my legs feeling silky smooth.

Hair
I was once a fan of Herbal Essences until I came to my senses and realised I should be looking after my hair much more than I was. I would simply shampoo and condition my hair, dry it and then straighten it. No wonder my hair used to look dull and straw like! I did my research mainly reading other peoples blogs or magazines and started to sample all kinds until I found the perfect hair routine.
I will wash my hair with either TONI&GUY cleanse and nourish for normal hair both £6.49 each from Boots, at first I was a bit reluctant to spend so much on shampoo and conditioner but then realised £13 every month is nothing when I have silky soft locks at the end of it! OR I use my new absolute favourite products from Lush ever!!! The shampoo bar in 'Honey I Washed My Hair' for £5.95 and 'American Cream' conditioner for £4.75. Again I was sceptical about using a bar of shampoo!? I thought this would be quite awkward and fussy to use but actually its so simple I simply wet my hair rub it on the top and ends of my hair and then use my hands to rub it all in, the prouduct lathers up like you wouldn't believe and is packed with honey, sweet wild oranges and bergamot oils making it full of moisture to keep my locks smooth. I was extremely impressed when the Lush employee told me the bar lasts for 80 washes... 80 WASHES!? for £5.95? well i'll take 10! As for the conditioner this 'strawberry vanilla milkshake' smell is divine! Double strength and extra creamy so you don't need a lot!
In-between shampooing and conditioning I use the Lee Stafford 'CoCo LoCo'  hair mask which is £5.99 from Boots to keep my hair healthy and silky for days! I use an egg sized scoop and massage into the ends and up through to the scalp and leave for 5 minutes and then wash it off. The coconut oil is what gives it that amazing smell (as you can see I love products that smell unreal for my hair...making up for the fact I can't use them on my body I suppose!)

The Aftermath
After my heavenly shower or bath I use Soap & Gloary 'The Righteous Butter Body Lotion' £10 from Boots just to keep that moisture locked into my skin which has an amazing antioxidant formula including Shea Butter, Almond Oil, Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Rosehip Seed and Vitamin E. My skin has never looked healthier!
For my hair depending on what look I'm going for...if its the straight look I use Lee Stafford Poker Straight Shine Serum which is £7.99 from Boots. I use a heat defence spray then blast my hair with my hair dryer then straighten it using my trusty GHD's and then I rub this serum into my hands and comb through my hair. Works wonders for us frizzy haired gals!
If I'm going for the curly or tousled look I use the John Frieda 'Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray' for £5.89. This really does give the textured, tousled look to my hair and stops it from frizzing up in the windy or rainy weather!

If anyone has any other hair tips or tricks they love I would love to know as I always love to try new products!












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images