Winter faves for my skin.

As much as I love the concept of warm, cosy nights in the Winter with a gingerbread latte or a good old fashioned cuppa, curled up on ...



As much as I love the concept of warm, cosy nights in the Winter with a gingerbread latte or a good old fashioned cuppa, curled up on the couch with my little kitten Mitsy watching Christmas films and listening to the wind and rain from the inside... which I probably do no more than twice in the festive season to be honest! In reality thats not really how it goes is it! Apart from the wind ruining my wanded hair or the rain changing my straight hair to a mad AFRO, we also have to remember to leave for work 10 mins early to ensure our cars are de-iced, layering up because its FREEZING but actually sweating underneath because you've been walking too fast to rush out of that frosty air, thinking of every excuse to not go to the gym because you can't think of anything worse than going out of the house. I could go on and on!
Don't get me wrong I love love loooove the festive season when it includes Christmas parties, cosy nights in with the boyfriend or going for a catch up with the girls, Christmas shopping and visiting the Christmas markets. Winter is a bitter sweet time of year for me and especially for my skin!

It has only been the past year or two (now that i'm getting a little bit older I suppose...erugh!) that I have realised the effects winter has on my skin, it is so important to keep your skin healthy through out this time of year and I have found some amazing products that do my skin wonders!

ENVIRON
For years I have struggled with my skin being so dull and dry but over the past year my skin has become ridiculously oily all of a sudden, I would apply my make up and within an hour I would be able to wipe the grease/oil off my face and that is not what I want!  One of my friends had suffered from oily skin for a long time and had told me about this skin care make called Environ, I decided to go to Harvey Nichols in Liverpool One to see if I could find out more about the product.
I had a skin test done and it was showing up all kinds of blemishes and bags under my eyes, some wrinkles I was shocked about!!!
I was just eager to get rid of this oily skin so I ended up buying;
Moisturiser AVST 1 - £38 (I apply in the morning and before bed)
Face wash - £17 (I use every time I get a shower)
Vitamin A capsules £15.50 (1 a day)
Then the saleswoman gave me two free samples of their Body Oil and Hydrating Lotion. These I was told to use on my chest as I had a few heat spots at the time (bought in August) and within a week these spots were gone and my chest was silky smooth again! They are small bottles but I use twice a week just to keep my neck and chest hydrated and I still have loads left!
Yes these products are very expensive however, after using for 3 months now my skin has never looked better!

MAC Lip Conditioner Hydrant. £12
My lips have always been dry but in the winter they are that chapped they crack and bleed constantly! I have tried everything you can think of to get these lips smooth and soft but nothing! Then I came across this Lip Conditioner from MAC and I have to say it helps my poor little lips out so much! I put it on a few times through out the day and then just before I go to bed. Even though my lips are still slightly dry, its a lot easier to wear colourful lipsticks now as they are a lot more smoother than they used to be!

Tropic 'Eye Revive' Firming Cream Concentrate. £20
This is a vegan based product and has really helped with the bags underneath my eyes, not only does it pain me to say I had some slight wrinkles at the age of 23!! In the winter my eyes can become quite dry around the edge of my eye and on my eyelid. This works perfectly keeping my eyes feeling soft and smooth.

Lush Bath Bombs. £2.60-£3.95
These little babies are an essential when I draw a piping hot bubble bath! Theres just something about getting in from the gym or work and having a bath when you know its freezing cold outside. Just love the smell and aroma you get off them. My faves are; 'Think Pink' & 'Sakura'. Literally can not go shopping without taking a little detour to The Lush Shop in Liverpool.

YANKEE Candle. £21.99
Non-related to my skin but come on I had to include these! Now I know they are the craze at the moment and I'm probably the 1254656th person you've seen blog about these amazing candles BUT they really are addictive aren't they!? Just love lighting them all over the house and smelling something different every time you go into another room! Bliss for the Candle lovers anyway!
Non-Christmas faves
Clean cotton
Soft Blanket
Vanilla Cupcake 

Christmas Faves
Sugared Apple
Vanilla Frosting
Winter Glow













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images