FIRST TIME BLOGGER!

After 'umming' and 'ahhing' about whether or not to make a blog I have decided to do so! Not really sure what I am doing in ...

After 'umming' and 'ahhing' about whether or not to make a blog I have decided to do so! Not really sure what I am doing in the slightest but it's worth a go!

This first blog will just be a little introduction as I feel my blog is going to contain some very random yet important features in my life that probably won't piece together until I have wrote a few!

I am a 23 year old from Liverpool currently studying Primary Teaching, WELL... I say that, I don't go back to finish my second year until January but that really is an abomination of a story to get into on my first blog!

Even though this main subject I will be writing about a lot isn't something I have chosen to love but unfortunately is stuck with me for the rest of my life so I have to try and love it in some way; DIABETES. I am a Type 1 Diabetic and have been since 2008 (7 years) I have had many struggles, ups and downs and plenty of hospital trips to now know its time to change my lifestyle for the better and be as healthy as I can so that I can have a happy and hopefully long future ahead of me!  I have been thinking about it so much lately and always seem to want to write all my feelings down in a diary however, bottom line is more often than not I can never be bothered writing when I don't have to! purely down to laziness OFCOURSE. Anyway, this isn't going to be a depressing blog of how the diabetes gets me down blah blah blah...this is going to be something that will hopefully keep me optimistic as positivity is key! My HbA1c (for those that haven't got a clue what that means its the average blood sugar levels over the past 3 months) was 12.8% this time last year which quite frankly is shocking! The average should be 6 or 7%.  Over the past year I have managed to get them down to 9.2% which is the lowest they have ever been in 7 years and I feel I owe it to myself to feel good about that! I will be sharing some of the things that have helped me bring it down and obviously welcome any tips or comments from anyone else!

AS I SAID...this isn't just going to be a diabetic blog, I have many interests including Health & Fitness, Beauty/Make-up, Music and anything else I feel is important in my life.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images